What is PR?
PR is all about communication which, of course, means that the way you communicate dictates the way you are perceived. It’s important that people feel good about you so that they buy in to your product or service.
And did you know that PR is three times more effective than advertising? Editorial pieces are trusted more than adverts because a journalist has taken an interest in what you’re saying and has written an independent article. So, it’s about getting the message right the first time round.
Why outsource your PR?
If you want to improve your image and increase your media profile, then why not outsource your public relations to I am your PR? Our team includes journalists from press, radio and television as well as PR professionals, so we know what kind of stories newsdesks are looking for and how to pitch them.
Why not let us become part of your team? If you need:
- Fresh ideas or an extra pair of hands
- A PR manager to keep your plans on track
- A Press officer to deal with a news story
- Help with damage limitation (if an emergency crops up you may want someone to manage and liaise with the press)
More and more businesses are seeing the advantages of outsourcing their PR. Done properly, it can be a very cost effective, powerful way of marketing – and we can help you as much or as little as you want.
What we do
Our core services include:
- Helping you write and implement a PR and communications strategy
- Generating ideas
- Writing press releases to encourage newsdesks to publish your stories
- Identifying photo opportunities
- Targeting the most appropriate media and dealing with reporters
- Working with web designers, photographers, graphic designers and printers to create the look that you want
- Copywriting and proofreading (through our sister service I am your copywriter)
Brainstorming: If you have lots of ideas but you’re not quite sure what to do with them, why not run them by us? We can work with you to:
- Find the best news angles for press releases
- Check any PR activities you are already doing in-house.
- Give you new ideas
If you would like to have a brainstorming session with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! Give us a call, email us or submit an enquiry using the form on the contact page. You’ll need to tell us what you’re working on, who you’re targeting and what’s going on in your industry at the moment.
If you would like more regular support, so that you can get on with what you do best (running your business!) we can create a PR strategy to help you plan how to communicate with your customers, potential customers and members of staff. We can then implement those plans over an agreed period of months.
It’s usually more effective if you plan to run a 6 – 12 month campaign. After an initial consultation, we can:
- Put together a distribution list of target journalists
- Research and write press releases, including submitting press calls
- Distribute press releases and other related information to the media, with follow-up calls in subsequent weeks
- Offer other media opportunities
- Organise photography for press, newsletters and brochures
For full PR copywriting and proofreading services please click here to visit our sister service I am your copywriter.